Greek Interns serve as university liaisons and provide administrative support to Greek Chapters. They plan and implement Greek Community programming, such as the Presidents’ Retreat and the All Greek Awards Banquet. Interns ensure that chapters are aware of the University’s expectations and feel supported by the governing councils and University staff. The internship program focuses on: teamwork, interpersonal communication, leadership development, and administrative and computer skills. The internship is one semester (with the option to reapply for additional semesters) and unpaid. Students may, however, receive class credit or apply internship hours towards the Leadership Certificate. Duties include:
- Serve as advising support to assigned chapters and chapter officers
- Update and maintain chapter contact information/website information
- Plan, promote, and implement Greek Community events and programs
- Keep chapter officers informed of upcoming programs and due dates
- Provide chapter officers with resources to help them achieve their goals
- Provide correspondence to Headquarters Staff about the progress of individual chapters and meet with Traveling Leadership Consultants
- Provide assistance to chapters with reserving space on campus, registering as a student organization, meeting the requirements to host a social event, etc.
- Develop and present a Greek Life End of the Year Report to the Dean’s Commission on Fraternities and Sororities
- Attend Dean’s Commission on Fraternities and Sororities meeting
- Staff events sponsored by the Center for Leadership & Involvement and the Greek Community
- Complete individual projects tailored to intern’s future career aspirations and office needs
If you have questions or are interested in serving as a Greek Intern, please contact Maggie Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org.